2 Hour Fire Resistance Multipurpose calcium silicate board specification:
Board coverage: 2.88m2
Thermal Conductivity: 0.190W/mK
Fire Rating (Reaction to Fire): A1(Non-combustible)
Fire Protection (Resistance to Fire): 240minutes
9mm calcium silicate board is a strong, lightweight, versatile, Class 0, multipurpose building board suitable for use in a wide range of internal partitions, ceilings for use in many fire applications. The board is off-white in colour and has a smooth finish on one side with a sanded reverse face.
• High moisture resistance, Good impact resistance,
• Resistant to mould growth, most chemicals and attack by rodents and insects,
• Easy to cut, drill, shape and can be worked in the same way as timber products with no special tools required,
• Not classified as a dangerous substance and can be placed in an on-site skip with other general building waste,
• Water used in manufacturing is re-circulated in a closed system and most waste material can be re-used.
• Fire rated walls,
• Dismounted dry wall systems and acoustic partitions,
• Fixed smoke curtain/barrier,
• Decorative and moisture resistance ceiling,
• Curved architectural ceiling,
• Bathroom and shower partitions,
• Access panels in wet areas,
• Backing boards for tiles and cladding,
• Fire rated industrial wall linings,
• Aesthetic casings for electrical and mechanical building services,
• Economical solution for both acoustic ceilings and partitions,
• Parapet linings,
• Composite panels,
• Perforated finishes,
• Semi-exposed applications such as eaves, soffits and sunscreens.
• No special equipment is required for cutting or drilling. It is recommended that cutting of the calcium silicate boards be carried out in well ventilated situations or the wearing of suitable dust masks to reduce the hazard of nuisance dust production, during the cutting or drilling process calcium silicate boards may be flat head nailed or pilot drilled then screwed.
• Calcium silicate boards due to their high suction should be first sealed prior to applying paints, plasters, or wallpapers.
Add a Comment