12mm calcium silicate board is a strong, lightweight, versatile, Class 0, multipurpose building board suitable for use in a wide range of internal partitions, ceilings for use in many fire applications. The board is off-white in colour and has a smooth finish on one side with a sanded reverse face. 12mm calcium silicate board provides up to 120 minutes fire resistance. Which retains its excellent dimensional stability even in damp and humid conditions and can be installed at an early stage in the construction programme, before the building is weather tight. It can also be used for semi-exposed applications and can be left undecorated. 12mm calcium silicate board provides an economic solution for both acoustic ceilings and partitions. A perforated panel when used with mineral wool providing an excellent sound absorption material.
Board coverage: 2.88m2
- High moisture resistance, Good impact resistance,
- Resistant to mould growth, most chemicals and attack by rodents and insects,
- Easy to cut, drill, shape and can be worked in the same way as timber products with no special tools required,
- Not classified as a dangerous substance and can be placed in an on-site skip with other general building waste,
- Water used in manufacturing is re-circulated in a closed system and most waste material can be re-used.
- Fire rated walls,
- Dismounted dry wall systems and acoustic partitions,
- Fixed smoke curtain/barrier,
- Decorative and moisture resistance ceiling,
- Curved architectural ceiling,
- Bathroom and shower partitions,
- Access panels in wet areas,
- Backing boards for tiles and cladding,
- Fire rated industrial wall linings,
- Aesthetic casings for electrical and mechanical building services,
- Economical solution for both acoustic ceilings and partitions,
- Parapet linings,
- Composite panels,
- Perforated finishes,
- Semi-exposed applications such as eaves, soffits and sunscreens.