Gypsum and Plywood products are frequently used as a tiling substrate in showers and bathrooms where stud walls are common. Both these substrates are susceptible to deterioration upon contact with Moisture. This can result in loose & cracked tiles & appearance of mould.
Available board sizes:
6 x 2440 x 1200mm
12 x 1200 x 2400mm
Magnesium backer board is a water resistant backer board that will not swell, rot or degrade over time.
Many other tile backer boards are very difficult to score and snap and require up to 6 scores on each straight edge with a specialist cutting tool before the board can be snapped to size. Magnesium backer board is easily scored and snapped with a standard cutting blade resulting in fitting savings of time and money.
Benefits of Magnesium backer board
- Moisture & Water Resistant – will not swell, rot or degrade.
- Mould and Mildew Resistant – Non-nutrient to mould.
- Environmentally friendly – Low carbon manufacture.
- Ease of Application – Available in easy to handle sizes, straightforward to attach.
- Fire Rated – A1 Non-combustible.
- Underfloor Heating – Can be used in conjunction with an underfloor heating system.